Financial

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Wanna My Beloved Strong Dollar Back
by Kamila Moravcikova


Sometimes I cannot decide whether my personality characteristic that allows me not to worry too much about the things I cannot fully understand or influence should be considered a gift or a curse. On one hand it's apparently better for me, for my health, for the good environment around and for maintenance of good mood that I really don't care about things that are not under my control, such as weak dollar and turbulent stock exchange situation and the possibility of recession in U.S. which would necessarily spread like a plague, hitting the European markets as well as the economies all around the world are intertwined and interdependent. On the other hand, my conscious friend keeps calling me careless ignoramus, blaming me of not even give a thought how such a situation could affect me, my finances, my budget, the structure of my revenues and expenditures etc. Every day she opens the newspaper at the particular page, puts on the glasses to look even more smart, connives her eyes, knots her forehead and starts letting me know what she thinks I should inevitably need to know. Today's lesson included following topics: Standard & Poor's index indicates that home prices in United States fell 11.4 percent in January, Wall Street seems to be a little bit more stable, the Dow Jones Index fell 0.13 percent, prices of gold keep rising, the dollar remains weak.To be honest with you, I stopped to listen to her shortly after her breakdown while she was reading about the U.S. dollar being down against other major currencies, swearing to God she is going to find the way out of this damn situation, crying that she's awaiting her tax refund from the summer she spent in U.S. and how unfair it is that she paid more and she will be returned less because of exchange rate. And than I decided that it's definitely a curse. I completely forgot about my tax refund.

related story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080325/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street;_ylt=Ar3nbTZ7eg9ZeuSsdxdRS5Gs0NUE

by Kamila Moravcikova
for PocketNews (http://pocketnews.tv)


PocketNews is a new real-time news broadcaster delivering the latest and hottest news right to your pocket ! With global clients who want to be kept up to date, PocketNews is everyone's way of keeping in touch with the World.

These news are brought to you by CantellTV, its technology partner SigEx Telecom and its founder Chris Cantell. CantellTV is the fastest growing provider of digital broadcasting coupled with enhanced communications, allowing people to easily control, view, upload and share digital content through proprietary interface. CantellTV has relationships with a growing network of international clients delivering millions of videos per day with more than 50,000 new videos uploaded and 200 hours of new TV shows broadcasted daily to a wide range of viewers, from 5 to 7 year olds of LiveCartoons; to 16 to 24 year old active social users of MyJumps; to fortune 50 corporate clients utilizing enhanced broadcasting services. CantellTV is committed to delivering infinite choices to your world of entertainment at the tip of your fingers. Chris Cantell retains consulting arrangements with several pre-IPO companies.

Edited by: Katarina Bosanska

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home