Financial

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mr. Dow Jones
by Kamila Moravcikova


Ladies and gentlemen, Even though you might have heard about me, let me introduce myself. My name is Dow Jones Industrial Average, but I am also known as DJIA, Dow 30 and more familiar just Dow Jones or The Dow. Honestly, I am not exceedingly particular about how I am being called. I am not the youngest one, some would even say I'm almost ancient. Actually, because of the fact I am not a woman, I'm not hesitating when it comes to revealing my real age. I was born in 19the century to the family of Wall Street Journal editor, Charles Dow. As you could notice, I am quite interested in doing business, everything that involves stock exchange, trading, but don't get wrong by my name - I am not focused only on industrial companies, I appreciate the best banks, producers of computers and beverages. Well, my job is to evaluate stocks, stock spilts or stock dividends, I'm something like a scaled average so everyone can see how the stock market is performing. That's what I do for living. And I do love it. It's thrilling, it's challenging, it's never the same. Up and down, like a roller-coaster. Right now, the situations is not optimistic, I've recorded some awkward downfalls these days because economy is slow. However, we all have to look into the future where are no declines in manufacturing activity or expensive oil. Thank you for your attention.

related story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080117/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street;_ylt=Atk08Db4C9J93.xSzcsWI0is0NUE
by Kamila Moravcikova
for PocketNews (http://pocketnews.tv)

PocketNews is a new real-time news broadcaster delivering the latest and hottest news right to your pocket ! With global clients who want to be kept up to date, PocketNews is everyone's way of keeping in touch with the World.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home